Buying Real Estate
Where do you find the best real estate? What areas should you avoid?
Buying property is exciting but without the right real estate knowledge and help it can be stressful. At Hardesty Homes, we work hard to make the process both exciting and fun. Whether you are a first-time buyer with limited real estate experience or a more seasoned real estate investor, understanding the process as well as the value of working with a professional is a great place to start.
Buyer MLS Real Estate Search | Richmond, Williamsburg, Chesapeake Bay, Virginia Real Estate
Knowing the real estate market inside and out is our job, and we take it very seriously. We absolutely want our clients to have the information they need to make informed decisions when buying real estate. With that said, consider the following general guide we put together to help you with the buying process when looking for property in Richmond, Williamsburg, and the Chesapeake Bay vicinity of Virginia.
The 10-Step Guide to Buying a House
- Are you ready to become a homeowner?
- Get a Realtor®
- Get a mortgage pre-approval
- Look at homes
- Choose a home
- Get funding
- Make an offer
- Get insurance
- Coordinate the Paperwork
10 Questions to Expect From Your Mortgage Lender
- Where’s your proof of income?
- What are your assets?
- What are your outstanding debts?
- What’s your credit score?
- Now that you are about to close, how’s your credit again?
- How much do you have for a down payment?
- How will you use this property?
- Are you involved in a lawsuit?
- What are the details of your divorce?
- What is your ethnic background?
Home Purchase Contract Negotiations
- Who pays for the home inspection?
- What are the cutoff dates for inspections and approvals of the inspection reports?
- Termites and other pests and pest damage.
- Who is responsible for making repairs indicated by the inspections?
- Verify that the title is free and clear; decide who pays for search.
- Are there any representations or warranties regarding the condition of the home?
- Lead-Based Paint Hazards in Housing Built Before 1978.
- Other Environmental Concerns.
- Will a home warranty plan be purchased?
- When is escrow scheduled to close?
5 Reasons to Hire a Hardesty Homes Real Estate Professional
- Paperwork: your Hardesty Homes agent will help with all disclosures & paperwork necessary in today’s heavily regulated environment.
- Experience: Hardesty Homes agents are well educated in and experienced with the entire sales process.
- Negotiations: they act as a “buffer” in negotiations with all parties throughout the entire transaction.
- Pricing: Hardesty Homes agents will help you understand today’s real estate values when setting the price of a listing or an offer to purchase.
- Understanding of Current Market Conditions: Hardesty Homes agents simply & effectively explain today’s real estate headlines & decipher what they mean to you.
The real estate buying information above is an excerpt from our complete buyers' guide; please contact us if you would like a copy of the complete guide. We are passionate about helping our clients understand the real estate purchasing process and all that it entails. We'll be glad to provide you with additional information that will help you make informed real estate decisions. In addition, Hardesty Homes maintains a list of recommended movers, painters, contractors, and related service providers which we are glad to share with our buyers. Please speak with one of our real estate agents for more information.